Our Securities professionals serve institutional customers including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Banks and Brokerages, Pensions, Endowments
and Foundations, Corporations, and Governments.
We seek to deliver to our customers leading market insight, risk management and execution, helping them to raise money, invest, and transfer risk across financial asset classes.
Securities Business Groups
Commission Management is a business responsible for serving the commission account management needs of our execution customers, including hedge funds, institutions and other financial service providers.
PSS enables customers to leverage a portion of the trading commissions generated with PSS to pay for research and brokerage services consistent with applicable regulations. Our customer service offering encompasses:
- Web portal to track commission account balances, transactions and research services
- Relationship management, including industry and general business trends
- Operational management, including trade reconciliation and payment processing
- Customized solutions for trade allocation across execution platforms
- Broker consolidation programs
Our team is committed to providing excellence in our service offerings, enhanced reporting and
technologies as well as quality programs to assist customers with their independent research and
brokerage payment needs.
With expertise in both credit and equity derivative products, our team provides customers with guidance on and access to investment opportunities across a wide range of exchange traded and OTC equity-linked products.
Our global convertible franchise across Scandinavia, Europe and Asia provides strong execution services in convertible bonds, convertible preferreds and the expanding warrant market.
We provide insight and services to help institutional customers invest in a wide range of credit products, including bank loans, investment grade, high yield and municipal debt, in both cash and derivative form.
We also work closely with our financing team to provide our institutional customers a distribution channel for new issues in investment grade and high yield corporate debt, municipal debt and bank loans.
For governments, corporations, investors and financial institutions worldwide, we provide full service commodity risk management and financing services, covering sectors such as oil, refined products, natural gas, power, bulk commodities, metals and agricultural products.
Our international teams offer superior expertise across derivative and physical products, world-class block trading and leading Commodities research through the firm’s Global Investment
Our global equities professionals provide ideas, execution, and liquidity to a wide array of customers focused on trading the entire range of equity products, from physical shares, to ETFs, to synthetic shares and baskets, to options and other derivatives.
With our foreign exchange teams around the world, we deliver both the global reach and local knowledge that are key to our customers’ success. Industry professionals, along with recent surveys and polls, recognize our team’s strategic consultation skills, superior execution, award-winning technology and excellence in research through the firm’s Global Investment Research division.
Our sales and trading professionals help investors find new opportunities in global emerging economies. Our team’s deep local market expertise allows them to assess market risk and access local exchanges to help customers deal with the complexities of international transactions.
The multi product sales force can transact in fixed income, equities and commodities across various asset classes: foreign exchange, rates, derivatives, credit, structured products, shares and synthetics.
As a global dealer in 50+ government securities, as well as in interest rate derivatives, mortgages pass-throughs, agencies and inflation linked products, we provide liquidity to institutional customers worldwide.
Our expertise in cash and derivative products, along with our deep knowledge of our markets and customers allows us to offer solutions and market insight to help customers manage global interest rates exposures and hedge macroeconomic risks, such as inflation and growth.
The Mortgage franchise is a diverse global business that strives for excellence across product lines and geographies.
We make markets for our institutional customers in loans, derivatives, and securities across the following products:
- Residential mortgages
- Agency mortgage-backed securities
- Commercial mortgages
- Asset-backed loans and receivables
We also work closely with our financing teams to provide our institutional customers with lending facilities and a distribution channel for new issue securities.
PSS Electronic TRADING
Our Prime Brokerage provides services to help hedge funds manage risk, monitor their portfolios, maintain liquidity and build their businesses.
Our Capital Introduction team provides our hedge fund customers with targeted introductions to the world’s leading pension plans, endowments, foundations, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, funds of funds, private banks and consultants.
Working seamlessly across our global network, our team can track, synthesize and utilize the information gained from our manager and investor relationships to make effective customer introductions.
PRE-MARKETING “CONSULTATIVE” WORK
- Feedback on written materials and verbal pitch
- Competitive landscape analysis
- Fund positioning
- Terms and fees
- Target prospect list
- Product expansion
- Targeted introductions to a bespoke group of investors
- Quarterly Milestones publication announcing new launches
HEDGE FUND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Annual investor survey
- Quarterly webcast on hedge fund trends and themes
- Customized reporting based on customer needs
Our Clearing expertise helps customers execute and settle transactions on over 97% of the world’s equities and derivatives exchanges. Our capabilities combine professional service with a back office platform that allows us to clear 1 million trades every week. Our platform provides a full set of tools that allow customers to work with multiple asset classes and currencies in a single consolidated account. Our clearing professionals complement this with a range of services, including consulting, risk management and securities lending.
THE BENEFITS OF OUR SOLUTION INCLUDE:
- Experience. We have been serving the professional trading community for more than a decade.
- Global Platform and Technology. We offer a truly global platform, presenting customers with one consolidated
account across asset classes and regions — and we support it with robust and stable clearing infrastructure.
- Risk Management. Our professionals conduct proprietary stress tests with single margin requirement and cross product netting.
- Reporting. Customers can choose from a comprehensive suite of multi-asset-class, multi-currency reports as well as sophisticated portfolio and performance reporting.
- Dedicated customer Service. We offer superior coverage, training and integration.
- Multiple Asset Classes. Customers can trade cash equities, futures, options, foreign exchange and fixed income instruments.
- Execution Solutions. Via PSS Electronic Trading, we provide direct market access, algorithmic trading strategies, smart order routing and access to non-displayed liquidity.
Every organization has different needs, and we work closely with our customers to develop customized solutions that draw on the expertise and resources of PSS.
Our customer service professionals act as a central point of contact, working with legal, compliance, risk, operations and technology to execute long- and short-term strategies. They engage with corporate action as well as trade and cash-management personnel, ensuring that every customer’s business is fully supported.
We provide 24-hour global coverage with over 100 experienced professionals located across Europe and Asia. They have extensive practical experience in account management as well as broad operational expertise. Our experts offer in-depth knowledge of financial products, combined with local and global market intelligence, allowing us to service a variety of sophisticated business strategies.
Hedge Fund Consulting
Our Consulting Services team helps hedge fund managers launch, support and build their businesses. With over a decade of experience and offices located across Europe and Asia, we combine local focus with global expertise and coordination. Our team members include industry veterans with backgrounds in areas such as accounting, law, technology, operations, fund administration and property and infrastructure.
Our team is aligned into four practice areas:
- Organizational planning, including budgeting and cash flow projection, service provider selection, investor due diligence process preparation and consulting on compliance and governance.
- Property and infrastructure consulting, covering real-estate sourcing strategies, architectural and engineering considerations, project management, network design and consulting, contract and proposal review and more.
- Business Consulting, including vendor analysis and introduction, systems implementation, workflow construction, in-sourcing vs. out-sourcing analysis and structural considerations.
- Human Resources, for issues including talent sourcing strategies, compensation, policies and procedures, HR service provider selection, employee training, succession planning and employment separation.
Reporting and Technology
We offer a global, multi-asset class, multi-currency reporting and technology platform that scales with customers as they expand into new strategies, markets and products. It covers everything from real-time portfolio management applications to post-trade operations utilities and portfolio accounting reports. This allows us to assist our customers throughout the lifecycle of the trade and across their organization.
ACCESS AND INTEGRATION
We understand the importance of supporting our global customers across a wide range of investment strategies and products. Our flexible infrastructure allows for customizable solutions to meet customers’ specific needs. We offer a wide range of data formats and secure delivery options, and we work to integrate our solutions with our customers’ existing systems.
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
Customer service is a key component of all our solutions. We have business professionals and experienced prime brokerage technologists available to provide training and support, and our global customer Technology Services team responds to customer inquiries 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Risk Management and Financing
The Prime Brokerage Group provides financing solutions and risk models that allow hedge fund managers to execute a wide range of investment strategies, while still providing a framework that is predictable and reliable across all market conditions.
We strive to:
- – Optimize leverage in line with our customers’ financing and asset protection needs.
- – Implement predictable and stable margin policies.
- – Deliver intuitive and relevant risk management analytics.
- – Build strong lines of communication with our customers.
As the premier global provider of securities lending services, we offer our customers industry-leading insights into securities lending flow and superior access to supply.
Our global team provides 24-hour access to over 50 developed and emerging markets. We have a strong reputation for significant and longstanding relationships built on the fundamentals of customer service, borrow liquidity and borrow protection.
The Equity Synthetic Platform provides solutions such as efficient single stock and index exposure, market access, and custom hedges to a wide range of customers.
The platform allows for various structures and can be flexible according to customers’ preferences. We tailor reset schedules, timing and frequency of settlements, contract maturity, cash flow exchanges and unwind methodology, among other features.
Customers have access to a full global suite of equity exposure across index, sector, custom basket, futures and single stocks. We provide execution via both our high and low-touch channels.